Mosko determines which makes more sense: a free repair or a discounted replacement. We prefer to repair your item to keep it out of landfills. Still, if doing so would be impractical or prohibitively expensive, we'll replace it with a new one at a discounted rate - identical if available or comparable if not. We hate throwing usable items out because it's a waste. The scars on our gear also remind us of trips past.
Okay cool, so what’s the fine print?
- No abusing the system. This is protection against the exception. Normal wear & tear isn’t covered.
- Only Mosko-branded luggage and waterproof outerwear (Basilisk or Deluge) are covered.
- Your gear must be clean, or you will be assessed a cleaning fee. Dirt damages sewing machines, and we'd rather not handle your dirty laundry.
- You must be the original purchaser, and we need to be able to find your order in our system.
- It’s only good for 2 years (or 5 with a police accident report)
- You get one claim per purchase
- You pay for shipping to us or our designated repair facility (We’ll cover the shipping back to you)
- You must fill out our repair form, and accurately communicate the damage you expect repaired
- If it’s not practical to repair it, you'll be offered a discounted replacement instead (50% off, or 100% discount if a police report is provided)
- Repairs will be ‘Functional’ as explained below
What do you mean by 'Functional' Repairs
‘Functional’ means the repair will be strong, and it will restore at least most of the original functionality. It might not look factory-original, but it’ll work. For example, replacing an entire panel in a waterproof jacket is extremely expensive, and sometimes it isn’t even possible. Every seam is taped and sometimes bonded, and many layers of material are often involved. Opening these up can compromise the integrity of surrounding material. Patching, on the other hand, is simple. It’s also 100% waterproof and durable, with fully taped seams on all waterproof patches. We’ll try to match colors, but patches are visible. Wear them with pride.
What do you mean by 'Functionally' damaged?
As mentioned above, this guarantee provides "protection against the exception." It's intended to help out riders who have an unfortunate incident.
It doesn’t cover normal wear & tear or cosmetic damage. It covers damage that prevents you from using your gear the way it was intended.
Please don't abuse this coverage; we'd be forced to scale it back or eliminate it altogether. We encourage you to repair minor damages yourself. Check out our replacement parts and repair materials page.