We designed the Atacama luggage for BMW, so it is very similar to our Backcountry system. Although we designed the Atacama luggage for BMW, we do not sell them and our warranty does not apply if purchased through BMW.
Here are a few functional differences between the Atacama and Mosko Backcountry Panniers:
- The BMW panniers are sized 35L on the non-exhaust side, and 25L on the exhaust side. Our Backcountry bags are 35L on either side.
- The BMW panniers include an integrated pouch on the front of each bag, where ours do not (but have MOLLE webbing so that pouches can be added)
- The BMW duffle only comes in one size (40L), and it has a zippered pocket on the top of the beavertail. Ours come in 30L or 40L sizes and have MOLLE webbing on top of the beavertail instead
- Mosko panniers have a Speed-Pin latch system, replacing the rotary draw latch on the BMW panniers, for an ‘always-on’ attachment to the bike.
- Mosko panniers have upgraded interior liner material from welded PVC to welded PU with a lighter cyan interior color to make things easier to find. The new PU is more environmentally friendly, more malleable
- Mosko Panniers have an aluminum locking bar at the top of the bag, to accommodate our Compact or Heavy Duty ADV Locks, and a stash pocket inside the beavertail for lock storage.
- We replaced the sewn-on rear pocket like the BMW, with the new Dry Pocket system – a harness and drybag - which can be bolted to the front or rear of the pannier (or both), or removed entirely.